Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Din Dai Fung


I am in Taipei this week. I have a colleague who visited the place for the first time. Everyone told me, I must go to the Old Shop of Din Dai Fung at XinYi Road. It was my first time too to the old shop. We took a cab and came to a very busy junction. As I got off the car, there were so many people standing right in front of the restaurant waiting for their turn to eat!!! I approached the usher and was told we need to wait for 30 minutes. It wasn't that bad because it was 6pm at that time, and was told later of the evening, it will became worst.



Anyway, while waiting we were told to order our food. When it was our turn, we have to go through the very narrow strip of path on ground floor, with 2 tables and cashier tables on one side. We walked up to 2nd floor, and apparently it looks like it has 3-4 floors. On 2nd floor, it has around 15 small tables, and 2 big tables. As we sat down the food arrived very fast. We ordered, Pork dumpling (poor porkie!), prawn dumpling, vegetarian dumpling, kow fu (braised soy tofu), and peanuts. We gulped as fast as we could, and it's best when served hot. The waitresses were really attentive and effective, because I assume they want us to finish off and they can turn our table for other customers! It turned out to be a pleasant dinner, and definitely better than those I tried at Malaysia and Singapore branch! Funny, though same brand, but the dumplings were much finer here!

No comments: