Thursday, August 19, 2010

You sure saving lives are more "precious"?

When I was in Delhi 3 weeks ago, a colleague's family member was admitted to a hospital. To cut the story short (when I thought I just began describing!), the doctor needs to perform a very expensive operations. Around 10K RM a session, and this is a critical decision in order to keep the patient well.

With no other choices, the family went in with 2 sessions. When visiting the family member later, we talked about how hospital and doctors look at life these days. They look at money first before even operating at you. Else they won't touch you. It was a rather a disgusting state of human life, when I always thought doctor's mission is to save lives. However, this principle is taking a 360' change. Hospital or doctors has their own vested interest before they put a finger on a thread of your hair.

No wonder, the poor gave up hopes to this sometimes a glimmer world. I wonder what other things people will do in order to stay rich! Surprise me ..next!

No comments: