Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why is your airport so old?

Last night I was taking a cab, and I started talking to the cab driver about Taipei. I commented the Taipei airport is very old and look not maintained. Then, the cab driver smile, then he said in a soft voice, well have you been to a place where the airport is huge, but at night you are afraid to go out. What about airport which has been built then bring it down, and rebuild again? What did they save? No culture, no characters bla bla bla. Then I asked, but if you don't fix the airport, then you don't allow for economy expansion, tourism may not improved. Then he said, valuable visitor will understand the 'culture, the antiqueness and bla bla bla'

In my mind, the cab driver is defending at his best! I just agreeing to it! Yes physically we should not put that as number one, he may have a valid point. But, economically they have to put some thinking cap too!

No comments: