Saturday, July 24, 2010

Am I naive of what?

Last friday in Bangalore, I finished work and went straight to a cinema for a movie. Since my flight was at 12 midnight, and I have checked out with no place to go, so I thought to chill at the cinema is one way to kill time.

While I was queuing for ticket, a lady in front of me was purchasing 2 tickets, then I heard 500 Rupees. Then she paid the counter using her card and it seems there were some kind of promotion. When it was my turn at the counter trying to choose a good seat, suddenly a man approached me. He said he was with his friends and he has one extra ticket to sell. Then I realized the man was with the lady in front of my earlier, so I thought the ticket has to be valid. Then I asked 'Why are you selling it"? How much are you selling?" He said, "Oh one of my friend not coming, and it's 250 Rupees same price as the advertised price". So I thought ok don't seems to have any catch and paid him for the ticket.

After we went our separate way, I was trying to recall, why is he selling the ticket. Then I remembered when they lady collected her ticket she actually has "3" tickets for the price of 500 Rupees. Meaning one of her ticket is FREE! I thought to myself I probably was too naive thinking I was doing them a favor. It turned out they "cheated" me in a way because I felt very annoyed the man is not telling me the "truth". In my college this is called conflict in values. I feel so annoyed I refused to talk to the man when we were watching the movie as we all sitting next to each other. The positive side was the seat was in the center and was a good seat! Grrrr.

2 comments:

Bahija said...

he's an opportunist :) ....

Anti-Ringgit said...

he's a liar .. opportunist influence they don't manipulate and leave you with bad feeling. that's one big different.