Saturday, July 3, 2010

Psst any job which allows working from home?

I was in an office lift. Suddenly a lady in his late 20s ran into the lift trying to greet another male colleague. I overheard the lady trying to ask the male colleague any openings in his area or other department. Her criteria must allowed her to work from home. She said she wants flexibility and she has been looking around in company advertisement for such position.

I tried not to be bothered since I was eavesdropping. However, at the back of my mind, I was wondering if this lady seeking a job which is out of passion or out of her own interest. I was furthered ticked when she mentioned that she didn't want to come to office at all if possible or spend 2 days a week. She may be a married woman with kids at home, but the way she put the criteria was like looking for a job tailored for her. Irregardless if she has passion or able to contribute for the potential job.

I wonder why I often heard the quality of some current employees are really bad. The employee maybe don't have that drive and passion with the things they do!

No comments: