Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The choices of 'Cham'!

Cham aka coffee mix with tea in the Malaysian Kopitiam (Cafe). I realised how much choices we have these days and eventually it leads to confusion. You may call it my rights, my way, or creatives, but I call it losing in communications.

This morning when we went for breakfast we were ordering our drinks. I ordered 'Cham (with sweetened milk)', then my aunt ordered 'Cham Si (with sugar), and my uncle ordered Cham Min Tim (no sugar). The waiter who took our order then repeat 3 Chams, but I said not the same for all the Chams!

However, what I wanted to point out was, these choices are getting more and more complex. I am not sure if it's for betterment or creating more confusions. The people's communication is struggle these days and add with all these choices, does it get any better? Sometimes, when I read an article saying our lives are getting more complex, I realised it's not just our lifestyle changes, but down to our choices and communications with one another!

No comments: