Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rijksmuseum .. kinda dissapointing ..why?



I went to Rijksmuseum today. The museum itself is historical and housed most of Rembrandt and Veneer's paintings. However, I was a bit disappointed. I found out that the museum is still under constructions since 6 years ago. There were many red tapes after the refurbishment took place. In the end, it' taking longer than expected and only due to re-open in full scale in 2013.

During my visit, I have on visited one wing of the museum towards the back. Only selected or mostly world famous paintings were on displayed including Rembrandt's Night Watch. Most of the art work are really exquisite. However, my advise if you like to visit Amsterdam, if possible, come in year 2013. The Rijkmuseum is really grand looking from outside however, the constructions are kinda messy right now.

1 comment:

Bahija said...

went in 2008 , that time already sedang renovation wor ....the grand station also construction, messy messy..... did u go their library - super cool- with all the macs , and logon google - enter and screen pop up instantly , super duper fast :)