Saturday, January 29, 2011

Protests in Egypt

The violence in Egypt still continues. The people are demanding a change of government, however, fights erupted in the major cities. I hope the unrest will be over soon. Egypt has been one of my favorite place with full of historical landmarks.

Also, one of my colleague was in Egypt for 3 weeks. I sms-ed her 2 days ago, and she told me she will fly out on Saturday 29th Jan, however, the hotel she lives in located at the center of the chaos. On the same day itself, the internet and telephone lines were cut off. The street becoming more and more dangerous, and curfews has been imposed. I hope she is safe and manage to get out from the country. I need to sms her again ..

From Reuters news this morning ..

Would-be looters broke into Cairo's famed Egyptian Museum, ripping the heads off two mummies and damaging about 10 small artifacts before being caught and detained by army soldiers, Egypt's antiquities chief said Saturday.

No comments: