Friday, December 10, 2010

Survival of the fittest .. the 21st century way ...

One day I was sitting at clinic waiting for my turn for check up. At the same time there were 2 set of parents sitting there with their respective daughter. One side of the family looked average looking, clad in simple t-shirts, while on the other side, a more upper class looking with expensive taste of fashion. Both girls from each family look like same age.

To cut the story short. The average look girl was cheerful but rather timid, while the richer one was cheerful too but more talkative. I noticed both of them were looking at each other shyly but they did not communicate at all. The richer one tends to be too busy talking or hinting to us what she's going to do after this. Same goes with the mother. When the mother was about to leave the clinic, she announced loudly, 'Dear mana you want to have lunch nanti'? The daughter replied, 'Err I want KFC'. Then the mother and daughter strutted to the exit. Meanwhile, the average looking family, the mom has her head looked down at a magazine unmoved, and the daughter was glaring the incident without a wink.

When I try to do a postmortem, I wasn't sure how the poor girl feel. I wonder if she felt being compared with. If I am the parents I may talk to her and tell discuss with her how she felt. That would help her in her morale learning.

However, that's life. As I always being reminded since young, this world is a survivor of the fittest. If you can't win, you'll be weeded out. To me it's a matter of mindset and how's your upbringing like. If your upbringing is like that rich girl, then this world will continue to behave like that. If you teach your the daughter with morale then we can change this thinking.

No comments: