Saturday, December 4, 2010

Unique Airport

These days the press and the high so business travelers will vote for the best airports. The ultra modern airports with a press of button, and you become like a wheel chair traveler. However, when somebody asked me which airport is the nicest to you. My answer is Soekarno Airport at Jakarta. I was very impressed even when my very first visit there. Basically, the architecture of the airport was awesome. One look you knew they embedded cultures and motifs in the design of the airport. Its just unique! The ultra modern airport to me is more like see one you see all, however, for the one in Jakarta, it has it's own designs which are rich in local cultures.

The video above is taken in a waiting gate at Soekarno airport. The gates are connected to the main terminal like a tentacles, so the gates look more like a hut and it's full of charms.

No comments: