Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry merry Christmas

I managed to get to London without any delays. I was glad as the airport was threw into chaos as the management failed to deliver a proper services during the snow storm. While I was sitting at the airport to inside the plane, I noticed how commercialized Christmas can be. Families were shopping for expensive gifts whether it's in Malaysia, Amsterdam or London. Heavy advertisements on bargains on last minute shopping can be seen everywhere.

I recalled when I was young. Christmas was not about shopping only but there were this special feelings. It's about celebration and surprises whether Santa Claus will deliver a present to the well behaved boys and girls. I still remembered on every Christmas eve when I was 6, I knew Santa Claus will always showed up at my neighbor who happened to be my great aunt's home. (There are christian). Santa will be accompanied by a group of church musicians and I will lose sleep that night, waiting with full of anticipations that Santa will drop me a present. I will sneaked out at the window, too shy to shake his hands but happily smiling to see a fully clothes Santa in a tropic country.

What surprise me was the next morning. When I woke up lied a small present on my bed. It could range from a pack of sweets to toys. Nevertheless it was exciting. I truly believed Santa existed. There were so much memories during the Christmas. I vowed to continue to behave so Santa will visit me every year. That was Christmas for me when I was young. Simple but yet with full of novelties. As I grew older, I knew it was all the setup my family members have done for us but I remembered it forever. And that's the beauty of Christmas to me :))

No comments: