Monday, February 13, 2012

You have a nice bag!

As I have promised myself this year, I must do one good thing every day. Today, I attempted again. I was sitting on a cafe having my grilled fish. As I was almost finishing I saw a dark skin Samoan lady, holing a shopping bag which was embroidered. It has a nice pink picture of a lady walking towards a white sheep. I can tell it's hand embroidered. She was standing at the ordering counter and paying her food. When the owner handed her the change, she said, 'Thank you'. However, she wasn't smiling nor unfriendly, she looks more like concern look. I told myself, on my way out, I will tell her how pretty the bag is. One good thing a day I told myself. Make someone happy so they see a reason to keep going.

As I walked passed her I said, 'Maam, you have a nice bag'. She then turned to me and say, 'Oh what's wrong with my bag'. She looks more concerned and kept looking at her bag to check if anything was missing. I began to feel panicky as well, as I think she misheard me. Then I stressed again, 'Maam, I said you have a pretty bag'. Then she sighed, 'Oh, thank you'. The look at her face was like just recovering from an anxiety attack. I walked away and I wasn't sure if I have made or break her day!

1 comment:

Bahija said...

hahaha, keep it up! we are getting very 'cold' thesedays with busy stressful life, not used to 'good comments' .... i believe she wasn't used to people walking to her and praised her bag or anything. it is good to be positive, if someone came to me said my bag nice, I will be happy and smile. smile is good....