Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Incredible story of the KL Taxi

I went to the Indonesian embassy today to process for a business visa. It was really crowded and usually you will see a row of taxis that are waiting there. However, these taxis will not use their meters but they will set a (high) fixed price if you intend to board.

As I already knew their tricks, I will not usually board them. Instead I will wave (melambai lambai) my hand to the passing taxis. One of the taxi stopped by and wind his window down. I was excited as I was able to stop one and I told him the location I would like to go. The taxi drive then turn his head and said RM35 (usually RM11) to go there! My smiley face instantly turned to flat line and I said, 'Oh no thank you" Then the taxi driver inside the car shouted back rudely, "No money Go Away"! Then I shouted back, "Yes I have no money"!

What has the world become. People are so hunger for money. They are so focus with what they want they will not consider their actions are appropriate. Anyway, I wish the taxi driver good luck!

No comments: