Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston thanks for the memories

A colleague sent me a message, Whitney Houston is dead. At 48, that was way too young. Anyway, Whitney has been struggling with her life since after late 90s. One point she told the media she will fight back and then she went for hiding. She could not climb back the status where she was once the IT girl. However, I do feel for her as she had at least tried.

I still remembered she came to Australia to perform. However, due to her lack of energy and erratic behaviors, she was booed on the stage. Later she canceled most of her concerts in many places. I was thinking, have we really given her a chance to prove she can make it again? Probably a chance may have been given, but it would be hard for her to reclaim her position in the past. We all have to accept that if we feel like supporting her.

Anyway, the rise to the fight has come to an end yesterday. She is gone, and all is left is the quaint 80s hits playing at the back of my mind. Thank you Whitney for the songs that uplift our spirits. I hope you rest in peace.

No comments: