Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't Judge Me laaaaa...

Recently again at my host's place. He told me he doesn't like to be judged. He didn't want to question others and judge the person. Hence, he will rarely ask anyone about their background and their doing. He felt by doing that he is avoid judging anyone.

Then I asked myself, can this be real in the real world? When I talk to a stranger, I would ask questions in order to find out who the person is. Once I know the person, then I may form some opinion based on my experience. I thought it's all natural. As a courtesy, of course this opinion would not be shared as it may contain offensive or in favor's opinion. The reality I found is when it's in favor, or positive, I may say, "Oh wow you are smart", or "You are so kind". The person may feel good about it. At the same time, the negative may sound like 'You are so arrogant'. Then the person may become furious. But the net of it, my mind already made a judgement, in one way or another.

I guess, there is no right or wrong reason to make judgement, however, in our daily social life, we need to show some social etiquette. When I keep my opinion to myself it does not mean I am not judging, I just didn't want you to know what I am thinking. However, probably it may make you feel better for not knowing the truth.

No comments: