Friday, September 10, 2010

Ikiru by Akira Kurosawa

I am now in Brisbane and finally I found the movie I want! I tried to find them in England but it was too expensive, and when I found them in Taipei, there wasn't English subtitles. Finally I found them at a second hand shop with a reasonable price! The movie is called 'Ikiru' shot in 1952 by Akira Kurosawa. I heard so much of the movie few years ago and it's one of the movie I always wanted to watch. Ikiru means 'to live' in japan language.

Apparently, the movie has moved many people. The story is about a older man found he has cancer and dying soon. With this perception, he tried to find the meaning of life. In a way it was a bit late, but the message of the movie was very strong. Anyone wants to watch it, can borrow from me! Highly recommended.

No comments: