Sunday, September 26, 2010

Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010

Since last year, a local Indian told me that he thinks India is taking a gamble of the Commonwealth Games. He has a feeling that it may become an embarrassment. I wasn't sure at that time because this is a good time to showcase the country. However, as the games getting closer, I became more and more skeptical. In fact even since last year, the progress was very slow. Every time when I passed by the games area, I still see empty land without much progress. The metro was still in progress but I heard now it's ok. Certain things became last minute.

Anyway, today the BBC news reported, the games was estimated at 400million USD to build. Now, the official confirmed it has cost them 2 Billion, but the non official reported it has ballooned up to 6 billion! Now without putting any possible reasons in one mind but how on earth the figure it has gone 15 folds? Oh well, I guess sometimes greed is good like the movie 'Wall Street 2' advertised!

No comments: