Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Modern Babes!

I walked into a train in Sydney, and there I saw a woman with a pram. Inside the pram, there was this cute little girl probably 8 months old which could not stop giggling. Her mom will play with her and the little baby will lift up her blanket as in playing hide and seek. The commuters around the baby was smiling.

Ten minutes later, the baby starting to feel tired, then the mom starting to pull out a IPhone. Then she switched into a cartoon movies, and passed it to the baby. The baby naturally holding it with 2 arms and start looking at it attentively. Modern babes! However, as the event took place, I was thinking to myself. Is this a good thing. What if the baby is hooked to the IPhone, and became addicted to it. The role of the pacifying and interaction with mom has been replaced by a phone! What if it cause poor eye sight of the baby? The baby place the phone really near to her eye.

At the back of my mind, I was thinking it was a cool gadget, but at the same time. While the conservative part of me was arguing, all these gadget may have a side effects which the modern parents have to bare the consequences later.

No comments: