Sunday, August 30, 2009

The (mis)adventure @ a shopping mall in Manila

I am back in Manila again. This time, I have a colleague from Sydney with me. She wanted to explore Manila's culture and food. So we went out to GreenHills for bargain, and Market Market at Bonafacio for mid range local fashions.

When we arrived at Market Market, I noticed 2 men looks suspicious (intro level) but I just ignored them, thinking they may detected we are not locals (since me and my colleague speaks in chinese). We continue with our shopping, then we we reached level 4, again I saw the same men (suspicious level), this time they stare at us then they turn to each other and whisper to their ears. My kiasu (scare to lose) and kiasi (scare to die) radar arised!

I told my colleague about what I saw. Then I gave her a choice, do we still want to continue with the shopping. For me, this is just a warning level, but if we see them again for the third time, then we have to ESCAPE coz we are in dangerous level.

My colleague turned pale and her voice is shaky when she heard this. She told me she prefer to leave asap and never come back! What will you do? Will you wait till dangerous level and prove my theory is wrong??

1 comment:

Bahija said...

In a foreign country , I would be KIASI, KIASU - be alert, and escape asap - better be safe then regrets. Can go shopping again other time !!