Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nose to nose the Kiwi style!

I got into Auckland, New Zealand last night. It was very cloudy and then follow by light rain. I was told Auckland is a rather wet place. The weather was not too bad around 8'C to 18'C during the day.

The city seems to be a very quiet city. Not many high rises, a lot of greens and it's near the water. The place looks rather relaxing and more lay back compare to Sydney. This is true too when I came to work today and my client did not turn up - at all. I was told last minute she was sick and decided not to come in. However, there is no courtesy to inform me, and I flew all the way to see them.

My friend who lives in Auckland told me that's their style. Lay back and take things easy. I guess it's a good place to retire compare to Australia :)) Also, it's much easier to gain a permanent residency too. I noticed there were many European communities such as French or German or even Indians who lives around Auckland too. Quite colorful instead.

No comments: