Monday, March 7, 2011

The EGO

I am sitting at the Sydney office today, I overheard a lot of conversations. Somehow, I am convinced people around me love to talk and hear their own voice. For example, a man was complaining to a colleague over the phone. He sounded frustrated with somebody which could not get what he was trying to say earlier. He started to say things like, 'Hello dude, didn't you get it?' or 'So stupid, so stupid' over and over again. Wo dek sen (my god), he's a man and sounding so bitter. ( I wonder if I sensed this because I am one too.) According to my study in Applied Psychology, one of the ego defence mechanism, is to project your negatives to the others. In that case your ego will not be bruised. I guess the good thing is I am aware of that, and I try to understand my very own ego.

No comments: