Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Laundry story at New Delhi ...

As you may already know if you read my earlier blog, I am in New Delhi now, staying in this cosy hotel. The setting and the ambience in the entire hotel is really really jaw dropping.

Anyway long story short. Yesterday morning, I rang the housekeeping for an iron and a board. They ran out of iron, so they agreed to iron the 2 shirts for me. I called the guest services and told them I left it on the bed.

At the end of the day when I came back to check my 2 shirts, it looked like it was given a full laundry treatment, and not only that, I left a bag of dirty laundry inside the cupboard not meant for laundry has been serviced as well. Then come the surprise part, it has a big bill along with all these laundry!

I rang the duty manager and I started complaining because it seems the instructions given was totally misinterpreted. In the end the manager has removed the charges in my bill but will have further investigations!

I am sure somebody will get into trouble with this, but will you pay for somebody's incompetency? I don't mind if it's a small bill but this is not the case!

No comments: