Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MAS oh MAS!

I was in the Malaysian airlines the other day. I have been always a non fan of MAS. However, I have not lodge any complaints to the company at all. Not sure if it's out of patriotism or shameful.

I always noticed most of the male or female air stewardess are not careful with their choices of words. The moment they open their mouth, you can sense most of them tends to be an authoritarian. They made remarks in local language when they are not happy with the passengers. Usually this can be overheard when you sit near the kitchen. I wonder how can they become professional when they love to complain with what they are doing.

For example, on the latest observation I had. A westerner in front of me asking for a vegetarian dish where she did not order before she board the plane. Naturally, the air steward do not have any for her. The lady made some comment and I guess the air steward felt tickled. Just before we land, the air steward walked around handling survey form to the passengers for feedback. Somehow, not many people willing to fill up one, but the western lady volunteered. When the air steward explain the procedures, he said something, Madam, please comment on our services. You can put in anything you like. If you don't like me you can even write it down! I felt so ashamed with that kind of comment from my fellow countrymen. I felt he just like to rub it on and forgetting he is in a service industry! MAS oh MAS, when will you grow up!

No comments: