Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pad Thai Story!

Pad Thai is my favorite food in Thailand. It's basically thin flat noodles and is cooked with fish sauce, sugar, prawn or meat dependings on your liking. This week I am working in Bangkok with a colleague from India. Before lunch, he told me he went to a shop which is very nice and he wanted to take me there. However, I said to him I have a better idea! At the same time a local colleague told me he knows a new place and willing to show me the place during lunch time, but I rejected the offer because I really want to go back to my favorite place. I know this Pad Thai place for a while now, which serves very good quality Pad Thai.

Unfortunately, during lunch hour I found out my favorite Pad Thai place has been moved. The whole shop was taken down to make way for new constructions. We ended up having something else. The next day, my Indian colleague told me why don't we go to the place he ate 2 days ago. Now I rejected him, because I told him I have agreed to go out with the local colleague.

So today, when we walked to this new place introduced by my colleague, I found out 3 things.

1. This is the new shop selling PAD THAI!
2. This is the shop my Indian colleague ate 2 days ago, and nagging me to go!
3. This is the shop which is my favorite and moved to this new location!!

In the end, after all we are referring to the same PAD THAI SHOP!!

1 comment:

Bahija said...

Hillarious la :P That means God knows ur heart, sending so many people trying to tell u - go to the place :P ...... glad that u ate it. Bagi me the address, i want to go try when i go BKK