Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Are you aware who you are?

I was in GuongZhou one day taking a taxi home. The driver asked me why do I have to work on Saturday and left office at 7pm. I told him it's not easy even working in an office. It may not be as fun as working as a taxi driver, probably the difference is the pay and the environment.

The driver then told me my life is better than him, at least I can speak a few languages which help in my job. I told him I can only speak 3, nothing like German, French, Japanese or etc. I can't use my Malay language in my job or even with my half cook Chinese. So i don't think I excel in that department. I went on saying if I excel in these languages, I would have end up TEACHING!

The drive then made a comment - you are the contributor type. For most people they will say they will use this skills to make money, but you rather teach.

It actually did not strike at me what I really wanna do, but at that moment, I realised what he said was true. Unconsciously I told him what I prefer to do. Probably this is who I am, probably this is what I need to do.

1 comment:

Bahija said...

Bla :P ....so philosophical :P - u woke up wrong side of the bed liow