Sunday, October 17, 2010

Central World @ Bangkok

I checked into Intercontinental Hotel just across Central World. The last trip I was in Bangkok was Dec 2009, before the rally and fight on the street. As I walked to my room, the hotel staff told me I have a nice view. She walked me towards the window and when she revealed the view, we both saw half of Central World was burnt down. In May 2009 there was a riot and part of Central World was set ablaze. What I didn't know it was almost half of it was gone!

The hotel staff quickly told me that was the past, and things has quiet down. The building was also in the process of re-building. She quickly assured me it's safe to be in Bangkok. How amazing when I looked at the building, it was really a sight and could not imagine the situation when it was set ablaze. Anyway, I will try to post some pictures if I can upload later.

No comments: