Friday, June 3, 2011

Friends to everyone .. until .....

One of my relative somehow has this motto in life. Be a friend to anyone he came across or the neighborhood. Nothing is wrong with that. I guess by making friends you get to exchange ideas or benefits. That's what's friends are for, isn't it?

Anyway, this relative of mine, also made friends even while waiting at bus stop. One day he met this decent looking man in the bus stop and started to chat him up. They continued to chat in the bus until he reached his destinations. Follow on, they know each other from that day.

Later while in the neighborhood, he has been avoiding the man he knew from the bus. I started to feel strange about it. So one day while I saw him avoiding him again, I wonder what had happened. This is a bit unusual for a man being a friend to everyone. Later I found out, that fella he met at the bus stop was mentally unstable. Ever since they met again, the fella will ask my relative to buy him food. If not, he will asked many question why he didn't buy and bla bla bla.

I didn't know if I should laugh or feel bad when I learnt about this. Making friends are good but selecting friends may still valid in the real world!

No comments: