Monday, January 19, 2009

Sydney and recession ...


I was walking on the street today in Sydney. The weather was hot and the streets were filled with office people during lunch time. Usually I will go to David Jones shoes department and the Cheap CD shops. These are my favorites shops when it comes to sales or cheap CDs.

However, today I noticed something was different. David Jones or even Myers were very quiet. I wasn't sure was it because it's the tail end of the sales or was it Monday. It's just slow. I walked across Pitt Street to check out some CDs and noticed the shop has very little stocks left and it's going to close down soon. This is not only the shops that were impacted. When I walk along George street, I saw more and more signpost that either says Closing Down or Moving Out sales. This is definitely not a good sign.

Later of the night, I turned on the TV and the presenter mentioned that New South Wales is in recession, however, the State Premiere denied this. Whoever is right or wrong, only times can tell. For me, I am not sure was it because of the happenings around me. I tends to be more negative. I can feel it. Recession is here.

No comments: