Wednesday, April 4, 2012

U hate the person or the behavior?

I saw a colleague (Mr. B) outside the office, I asked how did you go with my boss Miss A. The colleague responded, 'I can't talk to her, she's rude and emotional'. I was quite shocked to hear that.

Next day, I saw Miss A. I asked her, 'How did you go with Mr. B'? She responded, 'I think Mr. B didn't hate my as a person, he only hates me because of the work'.

After digesting the information, I was wondering to myself, can you hate the work pressure without hating the person? Can we really detach our emotions towards a person from the work? Moreover, is Miss A in denial, that it may make her feel better thinking that way?

It's just proven although we may have a situation, but whether Miss A, or Mr. B, without communicating well, each of them has their own opinion on each other.

No comments: