Monday, April 23, 2012

I want that ... juice!

I was waiting for my food at the McDonald's counter in Sydney. Then came a Chinese man in his 50s pointed to the cashier with his receipts. He said, 'Potatoes, potatoes', then followed by his finger showing he is dipping. Then he showed the cashier his receipts indicated he bought 2 french fries earlier. However, the cashier still not too sure what he wants. He then went on with the same action, this time, he said, 'Juice, juice, potatoes juice'. Then I finally realized he meant ketchup or tomato sauce. The girl gave him a few packets then he walked away. I think what amazed me was how hard for me to apply for the residency here. Without any basic English there is no hope to move in at all. However, there are still people who still can make it. Probably the procedures I have to go through makes me think it was tough. And probably money can also buy you a place, or happiness.

No comments: