Sunday, April 8, 2012

Communication breakdown at More More Cha Malaysian Restaurant

I took a friend to a Malaysian restaurant for a teh tarik (tea). The place has a big outdoor compound and it's comfortable. I looked at the menu and just ordered 2 teh tarik which cost AUD3.90 each. Later I saw on the menu for any order you made, you only pay AUD1.00 for the tea. Then I look at the waitress and asked her, in that case if I order a Roti Canai at AUD5.50, then add another AUD2, it will come put to AUD7.50 instead of AUD7.90 just for 2 tea.

The waitress heard me and mumbled something I don't know, giggling. She walked away with a smile and I thought she acknowledged my logic. Later after I asked for the bill, it totaled up to AUD13.90!! I have to pay more. I asked the waitress over and I told them I have asked if I pay only AUD1.00 for the team. This time the waitress who took the order without seeing me (speaking through another waitress) told us that she did not say it was AUD1.00. She never acknowledged that.

In the end, I could only express my disappointment. I felt cheated. For the business, you pay what you eat. The waitress don't give a budge of my complaint, but I was asked to pay the full amount. Will I go back to a restaurant that has this attitude? I think NO! Hopefully.

No comments: