Tuesday, March 24, 2009

India according Aravind Adiga in The White Tiger ..read for free here


I am currently reading a novel call The White Tiger. The book won a booker prize in 2008. I found the story weaved in with some ugly side of India such as corruptions, crooks, caste, etc kept me turning the pages non stop!

I do find the story touches on the ugly side of human and what you will do when your living condition was so bad. I had asked my Indian friend regarding this book. Some of them were actually weren't happy at all. Just like how they view the movie 'Slumdog Millionaire'. The felt the book and movie may have misrepresented the facts.

However, for the book, I do come across some subjects which I had confronted in India before. I found the book was fascinating and I was giggling all my way while reading. Give it a try ..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8986853/The-White-Tiger-By-Aravind-Adiga-Man-Booker-Prize-Winner

No comments: