Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The teacher story ...

Early of the year, I went up to Gold Coast to attend a friend's wedding. There I met a lovely couple who gave me a lift in their car to the wedding reception. The husband of this couple actually works as a teacher. Knowing the kids are so hard to handle these days I wonder how can he cope.

To my horror, I discovered some of the things he could not do especially in the high school especially when you are a male teacher. There are some rules he will follow strictly to avoid any complications. For example, going to a toilet, if he saw 2 female students around the area and if he is alone, he will not go to the toilet. He needs to bring a colleague along to be a witness. According to him, male teacher got trapped by the students who dislikes them by claiming the teacher has molested them!!! This is soooo ridiculous when I heard it.

Also, when a female student hold you arms or hand, he has to gently decline them by moving away from them. There are so many things he has to pay attention to before he became a prey. I could not believe what this world has became. I am not sure in other city, but this happened here in Sydney. When we are young we respect our teacher and we are well disciplined. Today, the students can be so spiteful and revengeful. I totally agree, becoming a teacher especially if you are male is so difficult!

No comments: