Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Splurging at Gold Coast!

I am taking a short break in Gold Coast. This time I have decided to splurge in 2 restaurants recommended by friend and from review I read. Since there are so many budget airlines that goes to Gold Coast, I have decided to write this experience in this blog.

The first one is Donto Sapporo. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for ambience and very very authentic Nihon food. I ordered Tempura set which cost me AUD40. The portion was really huge, starting with starter like cawanmushi and warm pork salad. Then follow by a good portion of sashimi , and finally my Tempura like prawns, squid and vegies. It's really satisfying. On top of that, I tried their soft shell crabs and it's good too (a bit oily).



For full menu and price, you can visit http://www.dontosapporo.com.au/.

The second restaurant I went to il Barocco for seafood buffet at Palazo Versace! The resort is very beautiful. I read that this place was designed by the Donatella Versace and a room could cost up to 2K a night. However, during the recession now, it has gone down around 450AUD a night. Since I could not afford the room, I went to the buffet instead. Most of the furniture down to the tap has the Versace trademark! hehehe interesting. The buffet was very good deal and only cost 84AUD per person. It is a feast and sinful at the same time. The cold seafood was eye popping, and the dessert, oh gosh, I have to work that tummy off right now! You can make reservation through the site - http://www.palazzoversace.com.au/



Ok so there you go, when you go to Gold Coast, give this 2 places a try!

No comments: