Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Migration will resolve your problems?

Today I just sent a family off and they will soon migrate to Melbourne. They are not the only family I knew which had migrated, recently, at least 2 families I knew had moved to Australia as well. Many people move for many reasons. Most of the families are doing especially for their child education. They can save tonnes of money by migrating to Australia alone. They also talked about how good the life it would be and the money that they will earn. Is this really true? By moving to another country it will change our lives?

Probably this may be true if you have kids. This may change your kids' lives. However, I begin to look at myself on this (I had migrated as well),why did I move in the first place? I realise it's really where the opportunities lies. In India, there is a mass migration of skilled Indian labors to almost everywhere of the world which need IT staffs. Usually they will move the whole family as well. They see these as opportunities and it may change their life forever. After few years, say they were succesful, they maybe richer, they spoke fluent English with slang, and brag how good the new countries comparing to thier originated countries.

Funny enough, later they will also critisize the new countries. Human is just human, they love to call out a fault easily. It's just never enough. I guess I concluded to myself, it's really not the country's fault. In actual fact, if the country did not do harm to you (maybe some unfairness ..it's everywhere!), everywhere you go it's the same. Its the same mind that you carry around and you can't change until you realise what is wrong with yourselves. Well for me, the money in overseas may be good, however, my root is still in Malaysia, I felt most nostalgic in the place where I grew up. If I have the same opportunities in Malaysia, I will consider to come back for good. I don't think I can feel superior by living overseas. It's really in your mind. Some people may want to show it off, but I will giggle behind their back (all the things they have to give up)!

1 comment:

Fong Yee said...

I just stumbled into your blog because you didn't make it known, so you will see some comments on older posts.

The Buddha of the Buddhist religion that I practice, named Nichiren Daishonin, said that "there is no pure or impure land, just pure or impure mind." I think it sync with what you were saying.. You are WISE!