Monday, December 10, 2007

Can I have your Autograph pleaseeeee!

I arrived in Bangalore last night (Sun 9 Dec, 2007) and checked into Ashok Hotel. Prior to that, at the door there were so many securities around the premise. They opened up my cab front door, back door, boot, scan me and my driver (while we were in sitting position). I thought there was a bomb just exploded there .. I was very curious ...

The next day, my colleague told me the whole India and Pakistan cricket team is staying in the same hotel! This is like a once in a lifetime to him, as you may not know, cricket players are like God to them! The game can caused riots if it turned sweet or sour! That's how important it is to them.

We went to our breakfast place, and most of the players were having their breakfast there. My colleague above 40s year old, starting to act like a kid whenever he met the players. I can tell immediately from his face how exciting he was .. all smile! After the breakfast we walked out and we saw a little girl trying to get any player who walked out from the eating place. One of the player (pardon me I don't know their names :P ) rushing to join the team's bus parked outside. One of the fan try to get his signature, he will just took the pen jot something on the paper and just walked away without greeting to anyone.

I think that's how the superstar acts. They have to look cool and they don't have to worry too much how they behave in front of their fans. I just hope the fans standing outside the fences lining up get to peek at the players. After all, the fans were so proud of the team, and the team should do the same :)

No comments: