Monday, March 29, 2010

Free Upgrade ..Thx or No Thx?

I was checking in at KLIA MAS counter leaving for India. I passed my passport and other details to the MAS administrator, but it took him like more than 10 minutes. He then called his manager, whispering, and I began to thought is there something wrong with my booking.

Few minutes later, the staff told me, I got an upgrade, because the flight was very full. Then he further tell me, I won't able to use the MAS lounge. Then, I also noticed, the upgrade don't entitle me to have my bag tag under special handling luggage. Net of it, you get a seat upgrade ..period!

I traveled with many other airlines, I had experienced many upgrades by other airlines, but nothing like this. If you want to upgrade, do it more gracefully, but the way it's done it's like sending a message to me .. you lucky poor thing!

FYI, I also hardly get any upgrade from SIA, because they are usually very full and always sold out. I reckon we need to know which airline are more reasonable .. my favorite is Cathay!

1 comment:

Bahija said...

for a frequent traveller like you, your experience is really good :). I couldn't agree less with you, YES, Cathay Pacific by far is the best airline which is very generous in upgrading their passenger. It was CX which upgraded me to Business Class fr KL to HK and First Class fr HK to LA - they were such a great life time experience for me :)
Likewise, SIA hardly give freebies.... but when they did, the luggages were tag with 'special privilege' la ,heee