Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bye Bye Auntie Poh

I just received a call from my aunt in KL. My grandfather's sister in Hong Kong has passed away and it was due to cancer. She was a very cheerful aunt though I did not spend a lot of time with her. She likes to talk and very sociable. However, she has been a widow for more than 15 years now and she was childless. She lives so far away from the city, and not many friends around her. However, she has a god daughter who looked after her all this while. So in this world, there are still kind people around. It's amazing, how the god daughter looked after her even though she was sick.

The last time I saw her was just before Christmas last year. She told me she had given up treatment in hospital. She will wait for the cancer to spread and ultimately claim her life. I still remembered we walked to a park, and she told me she needs to walk around in order to stay mobile. Just before I left her alone in the park which she insisted, she told me to send my regards to everyone. And she hope to see me again soon. I have not gone back to Hong Kong after New Year. For me, she is always a cheerful, outgoing, sociable aunt even at her age. She lived her life in a very positive way. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

Bahija said...

sorry to hear this , may she rest in peace and back to heaven ...