Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I finally blew up ...

I was doing a review in Seoul. It was a calm day and I have been keeping myself quiet and let the team leader asked the questions. However, towards the end of the day, the weather changed, I blew up in front of my customer.

I came back and feeling a fool as usual. That's why I tried very hard not to do it. How it started was like this .. we have some finding and the customer disagree. Then she went arrogantly demanding a list of things she needs which caused her to fail in executing it. I was like 'wah lau', the problem was found because you did not do enough homework, and now you try to demand, seek why they failed to do the homework. Also, why aren't they being told and reminded when to do it!! In my eye I only see pushing the bucket.

That's when I blew up. I could not contain my anger. I raised my voice, and told the lady, she should owned up the responsibilities. If she don't understand the requirements then go to ask the expert. We are here to tell you what is comply or not comply!

When I reached the hotel I asked myself why do I want to do that. I deduced that I don't like people who do not own up their responsibility. When caught, they passed to other instead of owning up and determine to find out the next step. I don't need to be questioned for things that one did not do! It's just excuses after excuses! Anyhow I am calmed now, I need to think how not to do it again next time!

1 comment:

Bahija said...

I know the geram-ness when u are facing those arrogant high ranking 'idiots' who loves to tai-chi.... too bad the world is full of people like that. If you are doing your job right , be assertive and what u told her was right , they own the responsibilities to comply, and not for you to proof them otherwise, as you already audited them. auditors job is not an easy job , or others may not like to engage with auditors ...suppose once you stand firm on your findings, they learnt their lesson, next audit , they may not dare to challenge u liow leh....