Thursday, December 13, 2007

What separate human beings?!

I went to a pantry in the Bangalore office today. I bumped into this boy who works as a cleaner in the office. He is very shy and I guessed he must be 15 or 19 years old. However, he is an albino (skin pigmentation disease). When you look at any angle he is actually looks like a Westerner in Australia or Europe. The only way that will enable you to tell he is an Indian is the moment when he speaks.

I find it very interesting how human and human works. Everyday, we see people talk human superiority. Because I am certain race or color, I am superior than you. Personally, after observing this albino boy, I concluded it's not the skin color that separate us. It's really the knowledge. If the boy is given the chance or opportunities to further his study and he seize the opportunies, I am sure he will just like me or anyone else who works in the office.

However, in India life is very difficult for many of the poor families. They strive to meet their daily ends, and not even have the time to think what will they become next week. I just hope some good samaritans will take note of the well known situation here and change the fate of these people.

For me, probably I should see where other non governmental organisations (NGO), I can contribute to. I had contacted Sponsor A Child few months ago, probably I should talk to them again!

No comments: