Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pay up your rent - the Indian way !@#$%^

Today at the breakfast table I learnt how the house rental works. After listening to him I was totally blown away. This is how it works, when you rent out a house even with a contract, the tenants may choose not to pay rent one day. If they do so, they will not evict at all. The owner can't do anything but to sue them in court. However, that's what the tenants want you to do, sue them and the whole drama will take 20 years, and meanwhile he don't have to pay anymore rent!

My indian colleague also told me that if you ever rent it out, 1st, never rent it to a lawyer! 2nd, must put a partition that controls the electric and water supply. Only then, if they don't pay up, you can control the whole house and they can't live in the house anymore. The law here is kind of funny, even if you have paper evidence, the law requires you to show your "possesive" power of the house. This is very subjective matter and it can be unresolved.

Now, after listening to my colleague, I just find it totally absurd. If I would like to invest one I will know where not to at this moment!! @@#$#$%

No comments: