Monday, July 18, 2011

The Cinderella story ...

I went to Uni Qlo in Seoul over the weekend. It was my colleague who wanted to get some stuffs there hence I just tagged along. I walked around but I didn't get anything. While waiting for my friend I observed something.

On the couch, sat an elderly woman and a young girl probably around 12 years of age. However, she seems to dress very urrm out of fashion, with a hair clip on a permed hair but patchy. She seems to be a challenged child, but he sat there quietly while the elderly woman looking after her. Few minutes later, a woman which is her mom, and a younger daughter walked over to the couch. Then the more normal looking daughter around 10 was trying to decide which dress to buy, and she was like undecided. The mom kept asking her to hurried up. Meanwhile the elder sister was sitting there smiling quietly. I just knew the mom wasn't shopping for her.

Much later, as I was waiting for my friend who is paying up at the cashier. I saw the family again. This time, the mom asked the elder daughter to stand at a corner with the elderly woman. While she and the younger daughter queuing up for the cashier. Then the mother was looking for something and tried to ask the elder daughter to pass some stuffs to her. The elder daughter looking a bit lost and didn't react fast enough to her mother wants. The elderly woman instructed her to walk to her mom and pass (seems to be money) to her.

When she reaches her mom, the mother wasn't happy and start to slap at her shoulder and started scolding her in Korean. Probably complaining she was slow to her demand. It didn't stop there she continued to lecture her and the poor girl seems to have teary eye. The mother instructed her to walk away from her and she started to cry silently. I can only described, the mother has full of anger when lecturing her. And the facial expression wasn't kind at all.

I was wondering to myself. If this girl is really an unfortunate daughter of this woman. Probably of her physical or mental challenges may has led her to be unloved or loved less. This world can be really be cruel. It does not only happens to friends, but it may also happened to your own flesh and blood. Is it worth it?

No comments: