Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Good deed and business

I went for a quick lunch today at my favorite food court. However instead of buying from my usual Korean/Japanese shop which sells sushi and teriyaki don, I went and tried another Japanese fast food stalls which served Tempura don. After buying my tempura don, I walked passed the quiet Korean/Japanese shop. The lady owner who usually doesn't smile, peeped at me (from the corner of my eye) then she walked back to the kitchen. After my meal, I thought probably I will buy a take away from my usual shop. I ordered seafood dumplings from her then I stood next to the display boxes of sushi and spring rolls near the cashier counter. After a few minutes while she was cooking, she walked towards me and asked me to sit down. I told her it's ok because I have been sitting down whole day. Then she said, but you are "blocking" my stalls! Then I walked further away from the shop. I was thinking to myself, first of all, there was nobody buying from her, and this order was really unnecessary for me. I did it out of good deeds, and I wasn't entirely blocking the whole shop, I was basically standing near the counter. I told myself, probably we shouldn't be executing good deeds when unnecessary. At the end of the day business is more important. I love money!

No comments: