Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

I often ponder what is respect. At times certain manager when I communicate with, I could sense I could give my respect to the person. And some, a total opposite, and I wouldn't lay an eye on him. How does this happened?

I think it's all begin with the value system in each of us. The person I respect may not be the same as yours. I believe in justice and fairness. Some believe in quick money and power. Each of these made me evaluate the person I am dealing with has at least the similar value which I am adopting. I often won't go near to those who loves to brag about their wealth and glory. I just find it total switch off. I often think people who are successful won't brag about their success. Instead they will lend their hands to help the community to survive in the system instead of advertising himself. To me money and power can't buy respect. They may not need my respect as well, as I may turned out to be a sour grapes to them.

I guess what important is I know what is my value, my conciousness to tell what is right from wrong. Same thing goes to those who respected me, would be usually those who shared the same value system. Respect is not given, it's earned.

No comments: