Sunday, April 12, 2009

Songkran and Bangkok chaos.

This week is Songkran week a traditional festival where people in Thai will splash each other with water. However, this week, instead of water, you see red supporter of ex PM Takshin hurled homemade bomb or stones on the government troops.

I am suppose to fly to Bangkok next week, and with this news, mostly likely I will postpone my trip. I am not a political analyst, and neither do I want to make any comment on either yellow or red shirt supporters. Really, these are the country's internal problem. However, I can only see the impacts which are becoming for Thailand. The tourist industry will go down for sure and investors will run as fast as they could in the end. Any political unrest would lead to all these backlashes to the country's economy. And especially now, the global crisis is revealing in many forms, this is really not a good time to be in this situation.

However, neither do we know how this problem will stop. I could only pray and hope, the people and the world show some compassion in order to see the truth. Without compassion mind, neither parties could see and resolve the issue with the right mind.

No comments: