Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On and Off

Yesterday while I was having lunch, a colleague commented to me, if I have noticed in the company we are working, there are many ex-colleagues who left the company and return as a regular employee again. I can sense there was anger in his tone. I believe I will feel the same.

We have been working for the same company almost all our life. We see people who chose to walk out of the company because of better pay or career. We don't anticipate they will come back. Funny thing is, when they lost their job elsewhere or they can't blend in other companies, they start asking for a job in our company again!

The best thing they got the job!!! And probably at a higher pay and a better position!!! I wonder what is the rationale behind all these. I had asked the human resource department and apparently there are large number of people who came back especially now when the business wasn't stable out there. Sometimes life has full of things that makes you go hmmmmmm??

2 comments:

Bahija said...

wei, u not quarantine meh ??? how come lunched with colleague - AI SEE AH , i report u :P ....

y geram? ur company policy tak stopped the rehiring ma :P

rotitelur said...

I actually don't have a problem with that. Those people took the risk. It is all how much you worth in the market. You value goes up when you are a risk taker. May be 3 years later I come back and be your boss.