Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kiasu Tips # 11 : Reliable cab in Manila

Everytime when I visit Manila, my colleagues local Filippino or foreigners would advise me not to take the private cab on the street. There are few big cab companies, however, I tried and the line is always busy. While the hotel cabs are extremely expensive.

Hence I tried to ask the local for tips on how catch a reliable cab. One told me to look at their face and if they look decent, then you may board!

I have a different view! It's very hard to look at the cab driver's face while you are trying to stop them. What you can do is to look in front of their dash board. If you see an idol such as the Cross or Virgin Mary, my bet is the risk is lower! After all, at least they are religious and so far my conversation with these drivers were decent and honest!

No comments: