Thursday, January 21, 2010

Avatar for Oscar?

I have seen Avatar in 3D, and lately there are a lot of buzz that Avatar is one of the contender for best picture and director. Urrm was it really that good? Well the technical part, and the design part, I would totally agree. However, for running best picture? Urrm it's not that memorable for me.

There were few good contenders, but I haven't really seen them all. I have seen 'Hurt Locker', 'Blind Side', 'Precious'.. going to watch, 'Invictus', 'Up In The Air' soon.

So far, 'Blind Side' and 'Precious' left a very strong impression on me. Sandra Bullock was really good in 'Blind Side', it's just different. Full of confident, strong character but yet compassionate role. For Precious, the supporting actress Monique, actually scared me throughout her performance. It's just shocking but she was totally so good in her role.

As for Avatar, it's more of eye candy movie with a story line which has been played and re-played in many other movies but in different form and characters. I do not think there are much breakthrough, at least unlike 'Titanic'.

Will talk on this again later after I complete all other possible contenders for best movie!

No comments: