Monday, January 4, 2010

Waiter in London

We went to a quite an expensive restaurant in London. There we ordered our seafood but due to big demands of table, without reservation, we were made to sit at the bar on the stool. We didn't mind. However, the waiter was a bit cocky. I asked one of the waiter to take down our order, he pointed to another waiter (nicer). Initially I thought it was not his job, until later another well dressed couple sat next to us. He went to them and explained to them the menu and took down their order!

I think this world is materialistic. Money come first! :P Later when we asked for the bill we paid them in cash. The taller waiter said loudly word by word, as if I am from the Amazon .. "We do not handle cash here, so wait for a while".

Somehow, probably my nature of being sensitive, I felt insulted. Is he implying usually people here ate more expensive food and pay in credits! However, my friend has a different opinion. She thought that the waiter was being courtesy telling us in advance it would be a long wait. Somehow, I cannot be sure. With the eye contact and the way he spoke to us, I somehow felt uneasy! Long live the Amazonian!

No comments: