Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yes Sir the Indian way

I am in Bangalore, India this week, I walked into the hotel restaurant for a breakfast. At the door, I made an effort to greet the waitress at the door, and I told her my hotel room number which they need to make sure I have paid for the breakfast. She said, thank you sir, and OK!

After 10 minutes later after having my meal, the waitress walked to every table, and she turned to me again, asking for my room number. At that moment I was ticked off. I wasn't sure if she meant what she said when she said OK at the door. I noticed, in my experience even at Indian office, they don't meant what they say. They just agreed to what you are saying, but not necessarily "listening" to you!

However, I told the waitress 'It's room number bla bla bla, but I TOLD YOU AT THE DOOR EARLER" (without a smile). I hope she got my message! Pay attention!

No comments: